The stigma of Cosmetic Surgery is gone, leaving us free to seek everlasting youth any way we can. What we still need to consider is that any sort of surgery carry risks and whilst I am not opposed to going under the knife, I want to make sure that there are not other treatments available that will also give me similar results in order to…if nothing else….keep the scalpel away for a few more years.
Before I go under the knife I’m going to do everything I can to avoid it. My reasons are fairly common to a lot of mothers. It’s an expense and I would prefer to see the money go to my kids. Still, an even bigger reason is the down time. I simply do not have the six weeks required for a tummy tuck.
So here I will give you some tips to avoid Plastic Surgery…If nothing else…for a few more years.
Prevention is the best cure….and Smoking, Alcohol and Sun are not your friends. Make sure you use sun block! Sun damage is incredibly ageing. They’re called AGE SPOTS for a reason. However, these are quite easy to treat with a laser. We use a Q Switched ND Yag that works wonders on them!
Alcohol in moderation will not hurt you and we have the entire Mediterranean population to thank for that! But excess will dehydrate your skin and yes, it will age you.
Smoking…Oh for heaven’s sake…I won’t even get started! Suffice to say that I don’t have to ask if a person smokes.
Beware of having injectibles too young! There is nothing more ageing than a frozen forehead or overly filled lips. The reason this is ageing is because if you have had work and it’s obvious, people will immediately assume you’ve done it because you need it. We don’t do injectibles for anyone under 30. Enjoy your youth, don’t ruin it.
After 30 you can begin to think about preventative treatments. Such a Mesotherapy. These can be done at home with the MTherapy machine without needles. We all hate needles, don’t deny it!
If you’re reading this and are looking to go ahead with Cosmetic Plastic Surgery then there are a few things to consider.
1. Research your Plastic Surgeon carefully. This sort of surgery is an art form so do you like the doctor’s work? It’s always a good idea to find a doctor that does a lot of the surgeries you are after.
2. Make sure the surgeon is not past his/her prime….no one should be operating at 80….If they’re that good, by that time they should have taught the new generation….go to one of them.
3. Do remember that you do get what you pay for. Do not pick a surgeon based on being the cheapest.
4. Go for a natural and timeless look.
5. Remember that Plastic Surgery is meant to hold back the clock…not to change how you look. You want to look like a younger version of you, not someone else all together.
6. Look for non surgical alternative. Two of the most popular treatments came about my wish to not go under the knife. DemaLipo was my solution to a tummy tuck and Derma Tight Lift was my solution to the going under the knife. Of course the results are not as instant as surgery and do require work and will power…but…I also won’t have six weeks without being able to work! In fact, developing my DermaLipo machine was cheaper than what a tummy tuck would have been had I factored in all the associated expenses of the surgery. You will be hearing a lot about Derma Tight Lift in the next few months!
I am not against surgery, in fact, far from it. But technology is a wonderful thing and the laser and products we have today may in fact, make cosmetic plastic surgery a thing of the past.