This is a follow up to my previous blog about why it’s not a good idea to get Permanent Makeup on Daily Deal websites. That has proven to be one of my most popular blog posts and you can read it here.
My office gets daily phone calls from people who want to get rid of permanent makeup they don’t like. If you’re reading this, chances are that you may be one of them.
Semi Permanent Makeup can be wonderful when done well and it matches the client’s expectations. I have through every single day people with either bad work or work that is simply not what they expected even though it’s very well done. On the other hand, for a busy mum like me, it’s a life saver. I have done other posts and articles about what to look for in a technician but this article is to help those that already have had work done they don’t like.
1. Do not allow anyone to put more ink in your brows or eye liner. Many technician will want to tattoo flesh coloured in on top of the mistake. These inks can look good in the short term but in the long term they can turn different shades of colour.
2. If you don’t like the shape now, you won’t look any better with thicker brows that another technician will try to even out.
3. Accept that you will need to get the ink out and accept that this will eventually mean laser treatment.
4. In the short term, you can begin to get the ink out by exfoliating with fine sea salt. You put a bit in the palm of your hand, with a drop of water, you then rub the salt on your brows morning and night. This will take a lot of the ink out naturally and thus, the laser will have less ink to shift. I usually tell anyone with fresh Permanent Makeup to do this for three months before coming to see me.
5. Be very careful when choosing a laser technician. Removing permanent make up is an art form and not the same as body tattoos. Make sure your technician is well versed in removing ink from the face.
6. If you decide to allow another technician to “fix” your brows, make sure they tell you exactly what they will be doing. If they tell you that “they’re just going to put some flesh coloured ink to cover up the mistake” RUN FOR THE HILLS AND NEVER LOOK BACK! Flesh, beige or camouflage pigment doesn’t fix the problem, in fact, it makes it worse. This goes back to point number 1, they are putting more ink which will later need to be removed, thus adding to years to my job.
The practice of putting flesh coloured pigment to hide mistakes is very common. In my clinic in Beirut, 80% of ladies have had this done at some point. Please know what people are doing to your face, hold up a mirror if you have to. I have heard of many ladies that were not even told that the way the tech was going to “fix” their brows was in fact, putting more ink in or using beige ink to cover up the mistakes.
Permanent makeup CAN be removed so if you’re reading this and you’re worried, don’t be. I’m busy training people world wide in this art form and as the popularity of permanent makeup rises so does the need for our services. You can always contact us to see if we have trained anyone near you.